Information collected about you
Type of Information We Collect. We use Social Login Functionality such as: Facebook, Google+, LI, and Twitter. You can use your existing social account to access the features of the Site. You must explicitly authorize your account to share your information with us when you first login to the Site with your social account credentials.
We may collect “Personal Information” about you – such as your name, address, telephone number, email address or other information – in the following ways:
Information in Public Areas of the Site. Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily provide information in public areas of the Site, that information can be viewed and possibly used by others. We, therefore, advise users not to disclose contact information, including phone number, email address, street address or instant messenger address (within these public areas) that they do not wish to share. We are not responsible for PII you choose to submit in these public areas.
Cookies. Like many websites, we use “cookies.” Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser. We use persistent, identifying cookies to remember your information and to link your activities to you. While you can take steps to warn off, block or disable cookies, if you do, the Site may not function and appear as we have designed it. Nonetheless, if you want to take these steps, you can do so by following the instructions associated with your browser. For more information about cookies, including controlling and deleting them, please visit the www.aboutcookies.org website. Our cookies do not collect PII that you provide to us during the registration process, but they do collect other information such as the following:
- The domain name and host from which you access the Internet and the Internet address of the site from which you direct-linked to ours;
- The date and time you access the Site and pages you visit;
- Your computer’s IP address and information about its operating system, platform and the Web browser type and version you use;
- Demographic and other non-personally identifiable profile information about you; and
- Information to combat fraud or misuse.
Pixel Tags. In our emails to you, we may use “pixel tags” to determine if your email software or service can display html-formatted email (this helps us optimize the size of our email messages and conserve bandwidth).
Promotions, Sweepstakes, and Contests. From time to time, we may host a promotion, sweepstake, or contest on the Site. You may be asked to provide PII or permit the transfer to a third party of your PII in connection with such promotion, sweepstake or contest. It will be disclosed at the point of collection or transfer who is collecting or transferring the information and whose privacy statement applies, and it will be your choice whether or not you wish to permit such transfer or collection of PII to a third party.
What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. “Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address
- your eCuras ID and password
- any account-preference information you provide us
- your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of eCuras LLC, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off the eCuras.com Web site when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Notice to European Union users
eCuras LLC’s operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) to the United States. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein.
Information collected from children
You must be at least 13 years old to use eCuras LLC’s Web site(s) and service(s). eCuras LLC does not knowingly collect information from children under 13. (See the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.)
The Site and these Services are operated and provided by:
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.
Revised: April 7th 2016